2007/06/15

Opening the close season...

This will be my first experience in blogging, but I could be a good moment for me to write something here. Maybe this is the moment.

The idea that I have to write about in this blog is something related with science and something of software engineering. Why? Because I am a worker in a synchrotron, I am a control software engineer in one of this light source machines.


For a long time, I have been searching a job that has some sense. I belive in free software, and I had the dream to pay me bills writing free software. When accidentally I knew there exist some machines in the works that creates their free control software, I thought this could be a good place to work.


Here I will want to explain the things that seems interesting to me about this machines and about my contribution in the control distributed system that governs the machine. "My" machine is under construction, then this could be more interesting because where will appear the full construction process. But not all is created from scratch! This is free software! We base our control system in the one that some other synchrotron use and we became contributors to it. My role is to develop agents to live in this distributed control system.

I will explain more...